Today we are going to see the Isaiah Scrolls of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Everyone's pretty excited. Brother Skinner, one of our instructors, actually was one of the few people who were invited to work on the translation of the scrolls a few years ago, so he gave a lecture on his experience with that and what they all mean. He told us that they haven't been on display for 40 years because people have been working on them, and after the end of this week, they will have all of the copies made, so they will put the real scrolls in a controlled environment, because they're deteriorating so fast, and will only have the copies displayed from here on out. Wow. So It's really cool that we get to go see the exhibit at the Israeli Museum today. So, this picture is from our very first morning here. I saw Israeli Spongebob Yogurt and got it just for Summer, which I hope she appreciates because it was so gross. It actually wasn't yogurt, but whipped sour cream. But I ate it. Haven't gotten it since because I have now learned where the actual yogurt is and such, but I still have this picture for Sum. My head looks too big for the rest of my body, I think, but Spongebob looks good. If you click on the picture you can see how to write Spongebob in Hebrew. Paz y Amor.
No comments:
Post a Comment