September 11, 2008

9/11


Our Hebrew class is taught by an Israeli Jew, and when we came in today she asked us to have a moment of silence in remembrance of 9/11. I thought that was really neat of her. She usually has music playing when we come in and teaches us a song during class, but she said that she wouldn't today out of respect. We continue to see amazing things, although I'm becoming more determined to find groups of people who want to go into the city and do things besides just shop. If I do that all the time, I know I'll get bored real quick. It's just a difficult task because any monumental site you go to is teemed with people trying to sell you stuff, and why not? They need to make a living. But when you're in a group of a bunch of Mormon kids, it seems like someone always gets sucked into the shops, no matter what they're selling. It's nice though, to get to know the merchants and hear their stories. I'm putting up a picture from the Haas Promenade yesterday. It is just this walkway with a really neat view of the city.

No comments: