September 7, 2008
Branches, Callings, and Full-Fledged Walking
So, I got a calling. I am the 2nd counselor of the Primary Presidency in the Jerusalem Branch. Wow. It's particularly intimidating that all the other presidency people are real live moms and such. But it's going to be really fun, and I'm pretty excited about it. The kids are adorable. They raise one finger when they want to talk, and it makes my heart happy every time they do it. So, a few months ago Dad said he liked going to Jerusalem because it got him into shape because he was walking around a lot and such. I smiled, but thought to myself, "Oh, Father. That is nice and all, but you can't really get into shape by just walking. I walk around BYU campus all the time, and it doesn't get me into shape. Walking is just the elderly's excuse for exercise." Dad, I apologize for my naive thoughts. This is a city on the hill. There's a reason people always talk about going "up" to Jerusalem: it's up! Walking around the city in this humidity has humbled me greatly. It is definitely an intense workout. But don't worry; I drink plenty of water. It's seriously amazing to be here. I think the most surprising thing is that I still have the same testimony. I don't know what I was expecting, perhaps that the second I stepped off the plane and saw the city my testimony would soar to exponentially greater heights. But, I know that Christ is the Savior no different than I knew it before I left. This is all really just icing on the cake. But it is awesome here and I'm so happy to be here. Paz y Amor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment