September 12, 2008
Sea Foam
Today I realized Rachel is going to be in Jerusalem for her 20th birthday. That made me very excited. I'll be able to introduce her to a lot of girls her age when she comes, but she's an especially cool 20 year old. Or will be. When she's 20. You know. So I may have swallowed something toxic today. It was due to my own stupidity. Someone had some little foam creatures that grow in water, and we didn't have water handy, so I stuck one in my mouth. I feel fine and didn't care at the time, but the more tired I get the more paranoid I become that there was some super-toxic element in that tiny little thing, most of which I spit out. So, yes, I don't say that to worry you, I say it because it's the most eventful thing that's happened today. Fridays are holy days for Muslims, so they've been pretty strict about letting us leave the center on Fridays during Ramadan. Which is for the best, but it meant laying around doing nothing but exchanging gross stories with people for a few hours until I finally put the foam things in my mouth. Exciting. I'm looking forward to a big volleyball game tonight. That may be a more exciting prospect to me, honestly, than shopping, so I'm not that bummed about hanging inside today. I hope everyone's trips have been/will be fantastic! Paz y Amor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment