April 18, 2013

Gibberish Question

When I was a kid and Aladdin came out (that sure makes me feel old that I can totally remember that...), there was one part where the genie is trying to indicate that he thinks perhaps he has misheard what Aladdin said because it was so ridiculous. And I ALWAYS thought the genie said, "Dust my ears this evening." Like, obviously I am not hearing you correctly, so maybe there's dust in my ears. At some point I figured out that he was actually saying "doth mine ears deceive me." I kind of like how (at least in my mind) both totally work. And how I did in fact hear it wrong! Oh, the irony.

1 comment:

JAG Family said...

My family still makes fun of me because I had the words to the Hallelujah chorus completely wrong as a kid.

Rather than "And his name shall be called, 'Wonderful!' 'Counselor!'"...

I would sing, "And his name shall be hollered. One for all! And that's a lot!"

Glad to see I'm not alone :)