February 6, 2010

Snapshots of Boston





Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes. I had a very nice birthday. My roommates were very awesome and surprised me by making dinner after work, and then we w
ent candlepin bowling. That is a form of bowling specific to this region that I'd always heard about but never done (I've got pictures of my friend Alison--Alison Miner, actually--demonstrating her awesome technique). Imagine taking a ball the size of a slightly waterlogged skee ball, and using that to bowl. And also, take out the hefty bottom component of the pins and make them just sticks that go straight up and down, and then you have candlepin bowling. The best part is that even though the scoring is the same, there has never been a perfect 300 in candlepin bowling. The world record is 245. I'll bet you can all guess my new life goal. My opening score of 50 was not too encouraging in that respect, but I like to think I'll get the spins and everything down.

On another note, my roommates made me this lovely meal, and they do this a lot! They are really good cooks, and I want to make stuff for them too, but I cannot think of a single worthwhile dish that I know how to cook! Have I ever cooked anything for any of you that you remember? I cannot think of ANYTHING!

In other news, I have recently discovered the joys of Picasa 3, and how awesome the software is at organizing photos! I am so amazed and recommend it to any other nerds out there who like even their pictures to be out-of-control organized.

No comments: