Oh man, conference was amazing! Can you believe the new temples they announced? Rome?! That's so cool! It was neat to be here for that announcement, because one of the guys here served his mission in Italy, and he was SO excited to hear that the people he served would be getting their own temple. It's also exciting because that will be the closest temple for the members of my Branch here, so it's so awesome. I was also so excited to hear about Philadelphia! When I was in Jersey we would go to the Manhattan temple, and people from all over Pennsylvania would come to that temple, and I was always like "Why don't you guys go to the Philadelphia temple?" Oh, because there isn't one. I just always felt like there should be one, and now there will be! Yay!
Conference was so amazing. Even being around all of these holy sites, I think watching the Saturday morning session (We have to wait for a few more weeks to see the rest) was a time where I felt the Spirit so much, perhaps the strongest spiritual time I've had since coming here, and I can only describe it as a very sweet feeling. I thought a lot about Trevor and how he's out serving right now. One of the sisters talked about the impact and gratitude she felt towards the missionaries who had taught her and how at least 4 generations of her family have been blessed. It made me think of the people I taught on my mission and the great things that they will do (I saw one of the families on the world report helping with the hurricane relief in Houston) and I also thought of Trev and the lives he is touching already.
I usually find a recurring theme that tends to stick out more than normal each Conference, and this could be biased because I am in Jerusalem right now, but I just was struck about how it was mentioned more than once that we should pray for the people of the world who are not right now able to be invited to learn of Christ, for those who live in areas that do not welcome this joyful news. This hit me powerfully, because I am here, and I am growing to love these people, but we cannot share the joy of Jesus Christ with them. I know that we bring a good example and a Spirit to the area, but it makes me so sad that there are people here (and elsewhere in the world) who would love the fullness and blessings of the Gospel, but we are not able to share. So I'd just like to add my amen to President Monson's invitation to us to pray for those areas of the world, that the Truth of Jesus Christ may be spread there as well. I know I'll be praying, and would appreciate your prayers as well. Love you all. Paz y Amor, Cam.
2 comments:
LOVED your blog babe! It was very powerful, thank you for sharing! Love you!
Camber! I found you again! (I found your blog when I was looking at Krystal's posts). I am so super jealous that you get to be in Jerusalem! Honestly, I think that would be so awesome to go there! I'm so glad you're able to "journal" through the blog, too, so we can all take part (since most of us won't be able to ever go...I hope I can go, someday!) Anyway, hope you are doing well! Buddy and I live in Memphis now, I'm not sure you knew that. here's our blog address if you're interested: buckybeazer.blogspot.com, though it's not as interesting and uplifting as yours. can I add your blog to our friends list? Are you going to update even after your trip? Sorry this is such a long comment...It's just been so long! (this is becky HULET beazer, by the way :) )
Post a Comment