June 24, 2013

A Word on Weight

When I was younger, probably 10 or so, I remember Mom telling me that your most accurate weight was in the morning before you eat or put your clothes on, so that's how you should weigh yourself. This was before I'd ever heard of a BMI chart, and as a child, this made NO sense, which I will attribute to America's Funniest Home Videos, circa Bob Saget. If you'll recall at that time, many of the AFV clips involved weddings, and during the late '80s and early '90s, a lot of wedding videos--particularly the ones that involved some sort of mishap that would qualify them for AFV--seemed to have a spot where the groom carries his new bride into the reception, giant bridal shoulder pads and all. So, to me, why would I want to be weighing myself without clothes? I would like to be weighing myself wearing whatever I will be wearing when my husband carries me into our reception. This way, my husband will know exactly how much weight he will need to be able to lift. Let's not chance it on the big day with how much he thinks he will be able to carry--I want to provide exact numbers for planning purposes.

And FYI, dreams of being carried into the reception died right along with pogs, Family Matters, and poofy bangs. And that is all truly for the best, so don't be sad for me.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hahaha. I still miss pogs. I had some wicked slammers!