March 30, 2012

France Party!


Tonight, a few girls from my ward will be getting together for a France party. In anticipation for the event, we've been sharing our favorite Frenchy things. My friend Heidi shared the most awesome Flight of the Conchords video--something that is simply perfect for anyone who took high school french but never became fluent. (Me. Very much me.) It made me want to find my first French teacher (Ms. Warnick/Mrs. Stewart, if any of you are still in touch with her!), who had a great sense of humor. But she's not on facebook! I tried all sorts of variations on her name, and still nothing. So I went to google with the most description I could get--every name of hers that I knew: First, middle, maiden, and married--Lisa Dawn Warnick Stewart. I googled several variations of this, deciding my best bet was to drop the Warnick; her wedding was long enough ago that she probably has not gone by her maiden name since the time that social networking has come into play. (As a side note, it seems a little creepy of me to be full-naming on my blog someone who I haven't spoken to in at least 10 years. But even at the risk of being a creeper, I've got to put it up there so I can explain my discovery.)

I know a lot of people are anti-facebook, and I totally respect that. However, I also like being able to find a way to contact people, so even if they're not on facebook, I figure out some other way to find them. And I'm very good. You would think with so much specificity about my French teacher's name and the wonder that is google, certainly I'd be able to find her! It shouldn't be that hard to sift through the results. Boy, was I wrong. Such a search will turn up all sorts of results! Because Kristen Stewart is the star of the Twilight movie Breaking Dawn, and I can only imagine that somewhere in that cast and crew there is at least one Lisa somewhere in there. So no beans :(

I was really excited and determined for a full five minutes about reconnecting with my French teacher. Like I said, if any of you know her (I know Lisa Stewart is a common name, but remember you've got middle and maiden for verification), please send her the following link. (And feel free to enjoy it a little yourself!)

No comments: