October 17, 2011

Sneezing

Growing up with Dad, I never really considered my sneezes much of a disturbance, merely by comparison. I could be sitting next to him in the car, see his eyes squinching up, know that he was about to sneeze, and it was still so loud that it would scare me. So my sneezing? Nothing. However, without Dad around to show people what a true sneeze consists of, I feel like I've become the loud sneezer in the office. It's not a bad title, but not necessarily an aspiration for me. Because I sneeze several times a day. And I'm getting "bless you"s from farther and farther corners of the office. But if I were to muffle it, there'd still be an itch in my nose left, so it would just make me sneeze again. What's the right move? Two little sneezes, so all the people around me have to bless me twice, or one big sneeze where a larger number of people bless me once? I'm going to go with Option B, simply because it's so much more satisfying.

No comments: