So I know that suddenly adding a blog post on April Fools' is kind of risky, because everyone will be expecting some sort of joke in here. But my post is not even from today really. I was reading my journal from this last trip back to Boston, and I thought, these thoughts are blog-worthy. So it's a couple months old, but here are some thoughts on plane etiquette:
Jan. 13, 2011
Our stewardess seems to have an annoyance with ipods. I am row 29--I cannot possibly be the first ipod you've seen today. Odd pet peeve to have in this industry, I can't help but think. And now I'm sitting on this plane noticing how odd we all act here. You keep your eye on that snack cart when it starts coming, because you've seen them skip inattentive (a.k.a., sleeping) people, so you want to be sitting upright enough that they know not to skip you. But you've also got to act nonchalant, like you hardly even notice that they're exactly two rows ahead of you, because you are an adult, the kind that takes serious grown-up trips, and so you do not want to be staring down the flight attendant like a little kid waiting for your treat, though you are fully aware it is being given to you to shut you up, keep you occupied, and keep you from bothering the flight attendants. That's just how the game works. And I danced my way through my part gracefully and purposely, and I did take out my earphones when the stewardess arrived. The least she could do is repeat my three snack options. I must just be a better game-player.
No comments:
Post a Comment