This morning we went to the Thanksgiving parade at Plymouth. Wow, do they get into things. We saw many people in fancy turkey hats (see this lovely advertisement, courtesy of a store that is making bank with these things out here) as well as people in full blown colonial costuming. These people were not a part of the parade, mind you, but had dressed up just to sit in the crowd. Incredible.
We had a lot of good laughs, but maybe the best part about the day was when they honored our veterans and had those present stand. Pairing that with the "I'm proud to be an American" song, I know it's something that they do quite often, but I still felt very emotional as I thought about Grandpa and everything he's done for us, as a veteran and as a family member. I love you a lot, Grandpa-pa. I just want to say thank you for all you do and have done.
No comments:
Post a Comment